About Riverside Marine
Riverside Marine is one of Australia’s leading and long-established marine companies, having been founded in Brisbane in 1926. It operates the following divisions, each under their own brand:
- Riverside Marine Services
- Riverside Marine Townsville
- Riverside Industrial Sands
- Riverside Pilotage
- Rivtow Marine
The company operates throughout Queensland, provides services to the offshore oil and gas fields of the North West Shelf and operates a ferry service between Vancouver and Victoria in Canada. The services offered are diverse, but all have a connection with marine or shipping activity. They include sand & gravel dredging, oil bunkering, sand drying & manufacturing, tug & barge transport, marine salvage, coastal towing, engineering and maintenance, passenger and car ferries and charters.
Riverside Marine’s long-term success relies on:
- Providing high standards of customer service
- Meeting our legal obligations, codes of practice and standards
- Protecting the health and safety of people who work for us and receive our services; and
- Protecting the environment everywhere we operate
The successful candidate will be based at our Riverside Industrial Sands (RIS) and will work closely with the Management Accountant to ensure all financial and management accounting requirements are met in a timely manner, whilst ensuring internal controls are followed and improved where possible.
Required Qualifications and Training
- Commerce or business degree with a finance or accounting major
- Commencement of CPA or CA studies
- Fluent and articulate in English
- Experience with Pronto accounting system will be well regarded, but not essential
- An eye for transactional detail when performing deadlines
- Capacity to deal effectively with numerical data, make rational judgements and draw logical conclusions from available data
- Results-based focus, particularly regarding customer needs and quality expectations
- Effective time management and capacity to identify and organise resources needed
- Excellent attention to detail with quality output
- Energy, focus, commitment and flexibility
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to working autonomously in a fast-paced environment as well as collaborating with and within teams
- Ability to quickly transition through areas of responsibility
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of monthly journals for month end processing.
- Preparation of forecasts/budgets
- Preparation and review of accounts for month end and end of year audit purposes
- Preparation of monthly Business Activity Statements
- Month end reconciliations
- Management of online telecommunications accounts/billing and processing of recharges to all business units
- Management and reconciliation of company motor vehicle Linkt accounts and Fuel accounts
- Maintenance of finance documentation system on Trim
- Monthly, quarterly & annual ABS surveys
Navigate to our shores and we will be prepared to be interviewed by you. We will respect your right to ask whatever you want of us to help you make sure you choose the right company to join. We will jealously guard our team to make sure you will be a positive contributor.
We are Riverside Marine – Always Ready – Always Safe – Always Profitable
If you believe this is you, please forward your resume with a covering letter by clicking on the apply button.
Direct Applications only. Please ensure that you complete the application questionnaire that will be sent separately, to prevent delays in processing your application.