- Looking for one amazing human being!
- Enjoy a fun working atmosphere where no two days are alike!
- Join a growing, dynamic family business with diverse marine operations
About our company
Magnetic Island Ferries is one of Australia’s leading marine tourism and transport operator and has been cruising within Australia for almost 30 years.
We're proudly Queensland-owned and operated by the Campbell family and are part of their exciting Australian marine transport group, Riverside Marine, which was founded in 1926 by our Chairman's great grandfather.
Every year, half a million guests from across Australia and around the world travel with our fun, experienced team to amazing Magnetic Island.
For more information on Magnetic Island Ferries, please click here.
About the role
Do you love Queensland and want to help create amazing memories for travelers from around the world? Work for Magnetic Island Ferries; one of Australia’s leading marine tourism and transport companies. We are looking for a fun, upbeat and driven individual to join our reservations team. Your primary job will be assisting and advising customers in selecting the travel that will best suit their personal interests. Come to work on the beautiful Townsville waterfront every day; the view is great!
Are you obsessed with providing and receiving great customer service? So are we. As the face of Magnetic Island Ferries, you will be interacting with customers from across Australia and beyond on a daily basis. Top applicants will have a strong eye for detail and ability to multi-task, proven track record for punctuality and reliability, and superior communication skills. During our high tourism season, it is vital that you are comfortable working in a fast paced, exciting environment.
We are looking for a team player available to work casual hours with flexible availability. Our customers like to travel on holidays and weekends, so we will be open for business with your help at those times.
We value our employees and work hard to promote a positive, fun and respectful working environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist and advise customers in selecting the travel that will best suit their personal interests.
- Attend to all customer enquiries regarding schedules, rates, passenger assistance and other Magnetic Island Ferries products.
- Assemble, issue and check required travel documentation such as tickets, itineraries, manifests and dangerous goods documentation.
- Contact customers or travel agents to advise them of any travel changes or to confirm reservations.
- Assign specified space to customers and maintain computerized inventories of available vehicle and passenger spaces and provide information on spaces available.
- Provide customers with travel suggestions and information such as guides, directories, brochures and maps.
- Open and close passenger terminal and keep clean during operational hours on a daily basis.
- Maintain good communication line and relationship with customers.
- Ensure proper reconciliation between starting cash and ending cash positions with actual cash sales.
- Provide daily banking balance reports at the end of the each shift.
- Ensure that all cash payments are properly accounted for, documented and placed in the office safe at the end of the shift.
More about YOU:
- Innovative ideas
- Understand the products
- The epitome of professionalism with a fantastic working attitude
- Switched on and intelligent: you should be able to problem-solve quickly and think on your feet even faster
- Adaptable and agile: We need someone who embodies the idea of support going above and beyond to ensure that everything is running smoothly and that everything that needs to be done gets done
- Self-motivated: we are a dynamic and fast paced office environment and look for people who will add to the energy and enthusiasm!
- Positive, happy face, service with a smile – “No” or “can't” is not in our vocabulary.
- Problem solving with alternative options.
- Customer service experience
- Well presented
- Tourism experience
- Computer experience (Microsoft Office & Excel)
- Reservation experience
- Quick learner
- Attention to detail
Do you think you are up for the CHALLENGE?
APPLY NOW and we look forward to meeting you!
Closing date: 22 /04/19