Riverside Marine comprises a group of family owned companies conducting marine and shipping operations around Australia since 1926, with a fleet of more than 40 vessels. Riverside Marine’s operations stretch across Australia.
We are seeking a Marine Superintendent who wants to pursue a career within a fast-paced, innovative and entrepreneurial organisation to help our rapidly growing company meet market demand. In return, Riverside Marine offers a vibrant work environment with state of the art technology. The candidate will need to be very hands on, a team player and lead by example.
Brisbane based – lots of travel
Full time Permanent
Assuming the role of Group Engineer, deliver a Capital Plan whilst ensuring the safety, maintenance and technical information and systems are in place to enable the vessels, vehicles and shore based assets to operate to a high standard and meet all relevant regulatory, industry and classification requirements. You will be working with shore and marine based personnel to meet operational objectives. You will be problem solving with vessel engineers, masters, suppliers and shipyards.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of a long term Capital Plan across the group
- Assist in solving maintenance issues on vessels, vehicles and shore based assets when requested
- Investigate, justify and manage solutions to technical issues on assets
- Monitor and recommend improvements to the Planned Maintenance Systems for the assets
- Investigate and recommend spare part holdings for the assets
- Coordinate and manage compliance and accreditation to all regulatory, industry and classification codes and inspections for the assets
- Coordinate, justify, manage and report on vessel condition, dry dockings & asset maintenance
- Develop specifications, inspect and report on new asset acquisitions and disposals.
Required qualifications, training and track record:
- Marine qualification – Engineer Class 3 or a tertiary qualification in Maritime Science with the ability to sufficiently understand and coordinate solutions to technical problems and opportunities
- Approximately 10 yrs. experience in the marine industry
- ISM/ISO/Class/AMSA – sufficient to understand all requirements and negotiate with auditors and classification societies.
- Project Management – sufficient to effectively manage dry dockings and multiple projects on vessels & shore-based assets
- Leadership – to work in collaboration with all stakeholders effectively and manage dry dockings and refits achieving both technical and commercial objectives.
- Strong working knowledge of shipboard marine system design and specifications
- Self-motivated, with the ability to supervise and lead a team while promoting a strong Quality and Health Safety and Environmental awareness.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to identify and build key relationships
- Ability to obtain MSIC
- Function specific competences/skills:
- Engineering management
- Flexibility and problem solving skills
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Proven leadership and coaching skills
- Strong organisational skills with demonstrated time management ability
- MS Office
- Strong working knowledge of industry design standards
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
- Broad range of vessel management/operations experience preferred
- Medically fit
Navigate to our shores and we will be prepared to be interviewed by you. We will respect your right to ask whatever you want of us to help you make sure you choose the right Company to join. We will jealously guard our team to make sure you will be a positive contributor.
Be prepared for four interviews and, if you get to number three, an Attitude test! By the way, if you have a partner and family, we will offer them the opportunity to meet with us at interview three – helping you make the decision about us.
We are Riverside Marine – Always Ready – Always Safe – Always Profitable
If you believe this is you, please forward your resume with a covering letter by clicking ‘apply’ for this job. Please ensure that you complete the application questionnaire that will be sent separately to finalise your application.
Riverside Marine has a zero tolerance for drugs and alcohol use. A pre-employment medical will be carried out as well as psychometric testing.
Direct Applications only. Please ensure that you complete the application questionnaire that will be sent separately, to prevent delays in processing your application.
If you want to join a team that values diversity, passion, experience and vision - Apply Now!