Assistant Fleet Coordinator
Port Hedland, WA
Rivtow Marine WA is an innovative operator in the Australian harbour towage market. We aim for a reputation as the world's best. Rivtow Marine WA are a subsidiary company of Riverside Marine, a family owned business conducting marine and shipping operations around Australia and have been in operation since 1926.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced and self-motivated individual to join our team in Port Hedland on a permanent full-time basis. The purpose of the role is to ensure that tug operations run safely and professionally according to Company expectations and procedures. The position requires contact and interface between the Client and the Vessels for all day to day operational matters.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Ensure safe, reliable daily operation of vessels and associated infrastructure (barge, crew transfer vessels) to perform the services required, through strong facilitation with Marine Contractors to perform and maintain.
- Implementation of company QHSE Management System at an operational level, and ensure compliance with policies and procedures, and continuous improvement thereof.
- Ensure Marine Contractors have properly qualified and experienced crew available for all operational requirements.
- Ensure resources as required are available for operations (towlines, bunkers, etc.)
- Front line point of communication with Clients' Marine operations team, Vessel crews, other port user stakeholders.
- Ensure proactive, open communication between all stakeholders (Clients, vessel crew, port authorities, etc.)
- Ensure the reporting requirements for this position are met (vessel numbers, fatigue analysis, monthly reports, etc.)
- Analyse and document processes and problems. Develop solutions to enhance efficiency.
- Log all incidents, injuries, near misses and assist in conducting investigations if required.
- Provision of QHSE support to vessels and personnel.
- Attend vessel inspections as required.
- Participate in QHSE Field Leadership Programme.
- Compiling safety and operational statistics as required by the Company and its clients.
- Conduct internal and external QHSE audits as required.
- Attend client interface meetings.
What you’ll need to succeed
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in Marine industry, towage and port operations desirable.
- High level of negotiation, client relationship building and contract management skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and resilience in dealing with complex issues, and implements sound problem solving methodology.
- Good understanding of business management (people, process and financial operational management).
- Proven ability to lead, direct and deliver results within agreed time frames.
- Good understanding of QHSE legislation, management systems and practices.
- Hold an MSIC or be able to obtain an MSIC.
- Strong computer capability and excellent numeric skills.
- Ideally have a marine ticket such as Coxswain 1 or Master V.
- Developed leadership and influencing skills ensuring robust stakeholder management.
- Strong organisation skills and customer service focus with strong interpersonal, communication, time management and decision-making skills.
- Display an extremely high level of safety awareness.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that promote and foster robust business outcomes.
- Ability to work autonomously (self-motivated) and as part of a team.
Environment and Position Challenges
- Port Hedland is a remote location and the role requires residency in Port Hedland.
- A high level of involvement and attention with the Client requiring ongoing proactive liaison, communication and stakeholder engagement to ensure safe, reliable and cost effective services are provided.
This is a Marine business in the Resources industry, with demanding and highly safety-conscious customers and stakeholders, which requires high standards of compliance and constant focus on cost reduction. The role also requires regular visits and voyages on Rivtow-managed vessels outside of business hours if necessary.
We are Rivtow Marine – Always Ready – Always Safe – Always On Time
If you are genuinely interested and qualified for this role, please forward your resume with a covering letter by clicking ‘apply’. Please ensure that you complete the application questionnaire that will be sent separately to finalise your application.
Applications will close Friday 28th September 2018