Assistant Supply Chain Coordinator
Port Hedland, WA
Rivtow Marine WA is an innovative operator in the Australian harbour towage market. We aim for a reputation as the world's best. Rivtow Marine WA are a subsidiary company of Riverside Marine, a family owned business conducting marine and shipping operations around Australia and have been in operation since 1926.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced and self-motivated individual to join our team in Port Hedland on a permanent full-time basis. You will support the supply chain function for Rivtow Marine, to obtain the best value for the business through customer focus, good supplier relationships and continuous improvement. The successful candidate will also deputise for the Supply Chain Coordinator as required.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Overall responsibilities for maintenance and housekeeping of all storage facilities
- Be responsible for the physical unloading, receipting and distribution of parts ordered/requisitioned
- Purchasing & expediting
- Organise/undertake collection of locally sourced requisitions
- Work with Pronto ERP, Canvas & Cognos reporting programs for reporting, stock control and purchases
- Work with technical staff and marine contractors to research and understand the technical and compliance requirements of purchases
- Review purchase orders for policy compliance
- PDF servicing
- Conduct rolling stocktakes and full stocktakes at Year end. Update the system for all variances arising from these stocktakes
- Work closely with Accounts Payable to finalise invoicing issues
- Participation in the QHSE Field Leadership Programme
- Participate in maintaining all logistics functions
- Manage supply functions in absence of Supply Chain Coordinator
- Assist Supply Chain Coordinator in identification and maintenance of inventory
What you’ll need to succeed
- Procurement and warehouse experience in marine or mining essential
- Strong Microsoft Office experience, especially Excel
- Experience with Inventory Management Systems required
- Database maintenance experience
- Forklift Licence
- LR Licence Preferred
- Demonstrated success at building relationships and influencing at all levels, individually or in groups, verbally and on paper
- Strong negotiation skills
- Professional presentation
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Working under pressure with multiple priorities and at all levels
- Self-motivated, ability to work individually and in a team environment, anticipating business requirements.
This is a Marine business in the Resources industry, with demanding and highly safety-conscious customers and stakeholders, which requires high standards of compliance and constant focus on cost reduction. The role also requires regular visits and voyages on Rivtow-managed vessels outside of business hours if necessary.
We are Rivtow Marine – Always Ready – Always Safe – Always On Time
If you are genuinely interested and qualified for this role, please forward your resume with a covering letter by clicking ‘apply’. Please ensure that you complete the application questionnaire that will be sent separately to finalise your application.
Applications will close Wednesday 9th May 2018