Hay Point, QLD
Are you a qualified accountant looking for a role that will satisfy your need to engage with the operational side of the business as well as manage the company's accounting function?
You will be an integral part of a small, energetic team in a dynamic marine environment.
About our company
Rivtow Marine is a specialist tugboat management company engaged by BMA to operate in Hay Point, QLD. We are a subsidiary company of Riverside Marine operating a variety of marine based businesses around Australia, with operations and offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Palm Beach, Coomera, Townsville, Fremantle, and Port Hedland.
Rivtow is seeking to appoint an Accounts Administrator.
- Closing Date: 5:00PM, Monday 18th September 2017
- Location: Hay Point, Mackay, QLD
- Employment Type: Full Time
The purpose of the role is to provide operational support and accounting services to Rivtow Marine’s Hay Point operations. The successful candidate will have a broad exposure to the business as well as assist with the management of shipping agency relationships, purchasing and administration duties.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Full processing of accounts payable and supplier reconciliations
- Shipping invoicing and accounts receivable functions
- Processing and review of purchase orders
- Month end journals and balance sheet reconciliation
- Assisting with monthly variance
- Assist with the budgeting process
- Being part of an accounting team you will also be required to maintain a quality system of internal control.
- Tracking and measuring contractor performance against KPIs
- Maintain and review contractor qualifications system
- Assisting with the preparation of weekly & monthly operational reporting
- Attend and minute weekly operations meeting with customer
- Induction of new personnel and contractors
- Maintain site security and access records
- Assist with QHSE documentation reviews and amendments where required
- General office administration tasks
- Sharing the schedule phone roster
- Periodic travel to other Rivtow Marine operations including induction in Brisbane maybe required
Required qualifications, training and track record:
- Degree qualified preferred and admitted to or working towards membership of a professional accounting body
- Well-developed organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Proven interpersonal skills and a strong ability to communicate to at all levels
- Ability to analyse business costs and identify efficiencies.
- Initiative – contribute to the continuous improvement culture
- Advanced Excel, Word abilities and good knowledge of ERP software
- Previous Pronto ERP experience beneficial
Essential Competencies and Characteristics:
- Demonstrate sound decision making capabilities
- Developed leadership and influencing skills ensuring robust stakeholder management
- Strong organisational skills and customer service focus
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Display an extremely high level of safety awareness
- Have a strong focus on continuous improvement and learning
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that promote and foster robust business outcomes
- Ability to work autonomously (self-motivated) and as part of a team.
We are Rivtow Marine – Always Ready – Always Safe – Always On Time - Always Profitable
If you believe this is you, please forward your resume with a covering letter by clicking ‘apply’ for this job. Please ensure that you complete the application questionnaire that will be sent separately to finalise your application.