Marine QHSE Superintendent
The Riverside Marine Group is one of Australia's leading marine companies. Riverside Marine operates a number of diverse divisions under the Riverside Marine, Rivtow Marine, RiverWijs and Fantasea Adventure Cruising brands across the country. Riverside Marine was founded in Brisbane in 1926 by Norman C. Campbell, grandfather of the current CEO, Hume K. Campbell. From its beginnings as a gravel barge operator using a converted government yacht, it has grown to become one of the country’s leading marine companies.
The company's operations stretch from up and down the east coast Sydney to Cairns, around the top end to the offshore oil and gas fields and iron ore ports of Western Australia.
Family owned and operated, the Campbell family have been synonymous with the nation's marine industry for 90 years, constantly seeking exciting challenges and development opportunities across the country.
DIVERSITY, PASSION, EXPERIENCE and VISION are the engines which power our business. For more information on Riverside Marine, please click here.
We are a marine organisation looking for an experienced, mature mariner to strengthen our Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) culture. QHSE is Riverside Marine’s number one priority and an opportunity now exists for a suitably qualified and industry focused QHSE professional to join our team based in Brisbane to grow and improve our QHSE system and safety culture.
About the role
The Marine QHSE Superintendent will demonstrate QHSE leadership and support the business units. This role is responsible for:
- Promoting and champion Riverside Marine's Integrate QHSE policy across the group
- Drive QHSE and continuous improvement in the organisation
- Promote and foster positive QHSE culture
- Provide support and professional advice to senior and business unit management on all aspects of QHSE
- Drive innovation and efficiency in the QHSE management system through the use of technology and process improvement
- Ensure the QHSE management system aligns with current legislative requirements
- Work collaboratively with and manage a diverse range of stakeholders ensuring effective QHSE communication to all parties
- Facilitate investigation of significant incidents
- Oversee the activities of business units QHSE Coordinators
What we're looking for
The successful applicant will have the following:
- Demonstrated deep hands-on, marine experience
- Current marine ticket
- Formal qualifications in QHSE or related disciplines - degree qualification preferred
- Certified Lead Auditors course
- Trained in recognised investigation method i.e. ICAM
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISM Code knowledge
- A genuine passion for working in safety
- Leadership qualities
- Effective communicator with strong attention to detail
- Facilitator of change and champion for continuous improvement
Do you think you are up for the CHALLENGE?
If you think this is you, please apply! We will respect your right to ask whatever you want of us to help you make sure you choose the right Company to join.
The Riverside Marine Group has a zero tolerance for drugs and alcohol