General and Sales Manager
About our company
Riverside Industrial Sands draws on some of the finest deposits of silica sand in the world for its sand transport and processing operation which has been trading since 1975. Using a range of high grade silica sand and bay sand, the division produces a wide variety of products that are sold onto manufacturers including foundries and cement companies.
Riverside Industrial Sands is part of the Riverside Marine Group. One of Australia's leading marine companies, Riverside Marine operate a number of diverse divisions under the Fantasea Adventure Cruising, Riverside Marine, Rivtow Marine, and RiverWijs brands across the country. Riverside Marine was founded in Brisbane in 1926 by Norman C. Campbell, grandfather of CEO Hume K. Campbell. From its beginnings as a gravel barge operator using a converted government yacht, it has grown to become one of the leading marine companies in the country. The company's operations now stretch around the Sydney area and across Queensland going onwards to the offshore oil and gas fields of the North West Shelf. Family owned and operated, the Campbell family have been synonymous with the nation's marine industry for 90 years, constantly seeking exciting challenges and development opportunities across the country.
DIVERSITY, PASSION, EXPERIENCE and VISION are the engines which power our business. For more information on Riverside Marine, please click here.
About the role
The General and Sales Manager provides operational guidance and support to Riverside Industrial Sands. This role is responsible for:
- Leadership within the business and continually developing its capability in all areas including safety, customers, operational excellence and it’s people.
- Delivering key performance objectives within the QHSE framework set by the group and being a champion of sound change management practices.
- The position is the representative of the Riverside brand so must at all times act with integrity and commitment to securing superior outcomes.
- Understanding the business and customer requirements, evaluation of risks, articulation of vision, defining brand equity, recommending and advocating efficient procedures and standards to enable business and client satisfaction are critical responsibilities.
- Analysis, design and implementation of sustainable sales and business strategies ensuring that Riverside Industrial Sands is able to expand new/current markets with new and existing products through development of operations beneficial to Riverside Industrial Sands core ideals.
What we're looking for
The successful applicant will have the following:
- Deep knowledge of/experience in the sand industry
- Demonstrated success in strengthening and growing a customer base, through current and new markets
- Build and maintain an excellent relationship with all customers to ensure their satisfaction with services provided
- Entrepreneurial flair with high energy levels
- Versatile and adaptable to changing business/corporate needs
- Demonstrated capability to manage cash flow (including costs) and revenue in a commercially sustainable way
- Passionate about performance targets
- Determined to achieve in all areas
- Experience in motivating and managing a team
- Driven by a need to meet customer needs
- Strong marketing aptitude with a desire to build value based relationships for the benefit of the business now and into the future
- Strong sense of self awareness and control, recognising their impact on work performance and an ability to keep disruptive emotions under control
- Developing a workplace behaviour that results in an excellent safety performance outcome.
- Drive commercial discipline across the Business Unit
- Facilitator of change, and champion for continuous improvement
Do you think you are up for the CHALLENGE?
If you think this is you, please apply! We will respect your right to ask whatever you want of us to help you make sure you choose the right Company to join.
The Riverside Marine Group has a zero tolerance for drugs and alcohol use.
Closing date: 14 July 2017