Project Manager & Superintendent
Expression of interest Project Manager & Superintendent
Job No: RM150
We are keen to hear from experienced and suitably qualified Engineers, with a calm, controlled and professional approach to their work with excellent communication skills. If you are looking to join an established but dynamic company, in a full-time capacity and contribute to our success, we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking Expressions of Interest for the following Engineering roles;
Project Manager: with a proven history in the maritime industry and specifically shipbuilding, modifications and Dry-dockings.
Duties will / may include:
- Leading project planning sessions
- Coordinating both internal & external resources
- Managing project progress and adapt work as required
- Ensuring projects meet deadlines & targets
- Managing relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Designing and signing off on contracts
- Overseeing all incoming and outgoing project documentation
- Participating in tender process i.e. design, submission and review
- Designing risk mitigation plan
- Conducting project review and creating detailed reports for executive staff
- Optimizing and improving processes and the overall approach where necessary
- Securing growth opportunities and initiating new projects
- Managing large and diverse teams across multiple time-zones.
- Willing to travel both locally and internationally
Technical Superintendents: with a proven history in the marine industry and vessel management.
You will provide engineering expertise, timely guidance and recommendations of solutions to vessel technical matters and ensure vessels comply with statutory and classification society requirements. You will also be continuously looking for improvements and innovative solutions to ensure the best possible technical support is provided to the business.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Consult with and guide vessel contractors to ensure planned maintenance schedules are met and the highest standards of maintenance of plant and equipment are achieved
- Oversee, ensure compliance with and continually improve the company planned maintenance system
- Provide engineering expertise to solve complex technical matters
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including client, suppliers and equipment manufactures
- Contribute to the selection, installation and commissioning of new equipment and vessels
- Liaise with operational management to co-ordinate preventative maintenance, repair work and statutory inspections within shipping schedules
- Contribute to the preparation of OPEX and Repairs & Maintenance budgets, and monitoring of expenditure against those budgets with the assistance of the Riverside Financial Team
- Preparation of docking specification, budgets and reports with the assistance of the Riverside Technical Team
- Participate in the development of strategic plans and continuous improvement initiatives to improve quality and safety outcomes
What you’ll need to succeed
- Possess tertiary qualifications or certificate of competency in Marine Engineering (minimum Engineer Class 3) or equivalent
- Previous experience in shore side technical management is essential
- Proven experience in marine engineering, with exposure to tugboats and offshore support vessels, or shipyard maintenance
- Previous experience in the Oil & Gas industry will be highly regarded
- Previous experience in project management and the supervision of dry dockings will be highly regarded
- Proven experience in dealing with classification societies and Australian statutory bodies with any matters relating to vessel certification/documentation compliance
- An understanding of and experience with various mechanical equipment and electrical systems including; diesel engines, power generation, tug propulsion systems, hydraulics, etc
- Previous experience in development and tracking of OPEX and Repairs & Maintenance budgets
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Competent in MS Office Suite. Proficiency in using vessel planned maintenance software would be desirable
About Riverside Marine
Riverside Marine is one of Australia’s leading and long-established marine companies, having been founded in Brisbane in 1926. It operates the following divisions, each under their own brand:
- Riverside Marine Services
- Riverside Marine Townsville
- Riverside Industrial Sands
- Riverside Pilotage
- Rivtow Marine
The company operates throughout Queensland, provides services to the offshore oil and gas fields of the North West Shelf and operates a ferry service between Vancouver and Victoria in Canada. The services offered are diverse, but all have a connection with marine or shipping activity. They include sand & gravel dredging, oil bunkering, sand drying & manufacturing, tug & barge transport, marine salvage, coastal towing, engineering and maintenance, passenger and car ferries and charters.
Riverside Marine’s long-term success relies on:
- Providing high standards of customer service
- Meeting our legal obligations, codes of practice and standards
- Protecting the health and safety of people who work for us and receive our services; and
- Protecting the environment everywhere we operate
Please revert with the following:
- your resume / CV with detailed work history & experience
- contactable references
- remuneration expectations
Navigate to our shores and we will be prepared to be interviewed by you. We will respect your right to ask whatever you want of us to help you make sure you choose the right company to join. We will jealously guard our team to make sure you will be a positive contributor.
We are Riverside Marine – Always Ready – Always Safe – Always Profitable
If you believe this is you, please forward your resume with a covering letter by clicking on the apply button.
Direct Applications only. Please ensure that you complete the application questionnaire that will be sent separately, to prevent delays in processing your application.